How you start your day will set you up for success or failure when it comes to sticking to a healthy eating plan.
Most breakfast foods today are loaded with carbs and sugars and lack the necessary fats, protein, and nutrients to give you sustained energy and ward off cravings.
For instance, a “healthy” Blueberry Muffin from Starbucks will set you back 55 grams of carbs, 29 grams of sugar…and that doesn’t include your beverage of choice. The muffin alone will put you well on your way to 30-50% of necessary carbs and you’ll already be over the 25 gram sugar limit I suggest to lose weight, feel amazing, and ward of future cravings.
Or how about a home-made breakfast of Cheerios, 2% Milk, and Orange Juice?
Likely at least 58 grams of carbs, 34 grams of sugar and that’s only if you keep the portions small.
And that one used to be my favorite!
So if you want to get amazing results, feel energized all day long, have more focus, and avoid the blood sugar ups and lows that lead to cravings, fatigue, hunger, and poor health then try these breakfast suggestions that are loaded with quality ingredients, fats, and proteins. Enjoy!
Matcha Smoothie Bowl
- 1/4 cup unsweetend vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tsp matcha powder
- 1/2 cup fresh berries
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
Combine almond milk, avocado, spinach, banana, protein powder, and matcha powder in a blender. Blend until smooth adding more almond milk as needed for desired consistency. Pour into a bowl and top with berries, chia seeds, and coconut flakes.
Berry Avocado Pudding
This one is my fav 😉
- 1 medium, ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 scoop powdered greens
- 1 scoop plain protein powder
- 1 serving of stevia
- 2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh berries
Combine all ingredients except the berries into a blender. Blend until creamy, adding more coconut milk as needed for desired consistency. Pour into a bowl and top with the berries.
- 1/4 cup of your favorite nuts (macadamia, almonds, pecans, walnuts)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh berries
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of stevia
- Unsweetened almond or coconut milk
Divide all dry ingredients between two bowls. Top with desired amount of milk.
Pumpkin Chia Pudding
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 servings stevia
Whisk all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Power Cherry Chocolate Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 serving chocolate protein powder
- 3/4 cup frozen cherries
- Handful of frozen or fresh spinach
- 1 serving greens (I love Amazing Grass Chocolate Greens for some extra chocolatey flavor!)
- 1 tbsp MCT oil
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Need a little help getting started with your Meal Prep & Planning?
Check out our 7 Day Fat Loss Jumpstart Recipe Guide and Meal Plan. FREE now for a limited time!