One of the biggest things that I find keeps clients stuck is often not eating ENOUGH.
I know it may seem counterintuitive…
You should lose weight when you eat less, right?!
Well like anything, yes to a point…
…and then your body starts to turn against itself when it’s not getting the energy and nutrients it needs.
So your body will start to STORE fat.
It’s worried you’re going to starve to death!!
So your metabolism will start to slow down to conserve energy…
…because you aren’t getting the energy you need.
That means it’s SUPER important to get enough food in each day to keep your body in a fat-burning state and to keep that metabolism rocking.
And a great way to do that is with some healthy, filling “snacks“.
And I say “snacks” for a reason…
Snacks need to be balanced and filling so they stick with you and so you’re not just mindlessly munching all day long.
That 50 calorie apple, although a healthy option, just won’t cut it, but add in 2 tablespoons of almond butter and now we’re talking.
Here are a few ideas to help turn those snacks into a filling meal that sticks with you and keeps you on track to get in the energy and nourishment your body needs:
- To-go tuna packet
- Hardboiled eggs
- Apple and 1-2 tbsp. of almond butter or other nut butter
- Low-sugar, single-serving Greek yogurt. Add some slivered almonds or berries on top.
- Serving of nuts, seeds, or nut/seed butters
- Dried, unsweetened coconut flakes
- Make your own healthy trailmix. Try adding coconut flakes, macadamia nuts, and pumpkin seeds.
- Grass-fed jerky. My favorite is Epic Jerky Sticks.
- Olives. I’ve even seen these in ready-to-go packets at the store.
- Protein Bar. Try Rx Bars or Bulletproof Collagen Bars. Many others are candy bars in disguise.
- Avocado toast
- Veggies like carrots, celery, cucumber, pepper or snap peas and hummus or guacamole as a dip
- Celery with nut butter
- Deli-meat roll-up. Choose your favorite nitrate-free deli meat and roll up with cheese, guacamole, hummus, lettuce, or shredded veggies.
- Rice cake with nut butter & cinnamon
- Avocado slices wrapped in smoked salmon
- Cottage cheese topped with fruit or tomatoes
- Chia pudding (there are lots of great recipes online!)
- Homemade kale or sweet potato chips
- Cherry tomatoes with mozzarella or make a Caprese salad
- Protein smoothie loaded with healthy fats too
- Rice cakes with nut butter
- Have some leftovers that won’t make a full meal? Use them as a snack too
Do you have a favorite healthy snack?
If so, share it below!